Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope your day is wonderful - blessings to all, especially those who have to work (my mom and sister are both nurses, so they're at work today) We celebrated early with them, will open gifts with the children today, and will celebrate again with my husband's parents later in the week.

My mother has started a "new sewing machine" fund for me, since my Singer has been beat up on for awhile now, and I've probably spent more getting it tuned up over the past few years than a new machine would cost! LOL! She's adding to it for various holidays until it is enough, so maybe that will be my year-end reward! :)

I told her about my Destashing Goal for 2011, and she replied, "Well, you do have enough to keep you busy!" If only she REALLY knew... :)
She did teach me to sew, but unlike me, she has always been able to stick to one project at a time, and either uses up the fabric, or passes it on to others. I'm not really sure how she can do this, it seems crazy that she doesn't have a stack of UFO's, or how I'm related to her.

I guess I take after my dad's mom - she was an avid sewer, crocheter, and crafter in her heyday. Age and medical problems have unfortunately stopped her ability to continue with her hobbies, but she is still FULL of ideas! The last time I visited her, we spent time dreaming of projects that she wishes she could complete. If only...

Anyway, I hope that Santa brings you everything you wish for!

I am posting a freebie for you (a digitized embroidery design for those who own an embroidery machine) - a slip-on wine coaster for New Years. This is a different design from the one in my Shellbug Designs yahoo group (if you are a member of both.)

It is found here:
http://shellbugdesigns.goods.officelive.com/VIPFreebies.aspx

Please do not share the link with anyone else, it is for readers of my blog only!

I will try to offer some type of "goody" from time to time - not always limited to machine embroidery designs! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the freebie coaster. It's kind of funny that I'm the only one in my family that has this huge stash of fabric and other sewing items. My mom sewed a bit but not a lot. She'd buy what she needed for a project,complete it and put the left over fabric in a box. It was not a very large box at all. Her mother was into needlework (crochet, knit, hand embroidery) and sewing as a necessity, not so much a love of it. I have to say I broke down already and bought fabric. Joann's 70% off Christmas fabric and another 20% off total purchase was just too much for me. Throw in the pile of remnents that were another 50% off the 70% off - I just couldn't pass them up. I did try to limit it to fabric with a project in mind instead of 'Oh I like that!' fabric. Sigh... I went there to buy backing fabric for a window topper and of course, they didn't have what I needed. I have to go to another Joann's that will have the color I need. Hope all the Christmas fabric is sold out....

    ReplyDelete