Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Destashing Update

While not as fast as I would like, I have made a little progress :)  Luckily, I have LOTS of friends who are having babies, so I have made up some "pee pee tee pees" (or tinkle tents.)  I saw some for sale at a local maternity store, and thought, "I can make those!" so I digitized a design to make them, and just finish them up on the sewing machine.  A great way to use up scraps of cotton, terry cloth or flannel!  (For those, who are not familiar with the joy of changing a baby boy, trust me, these are more useful than I first had thought they'd be!)

I've also given away a couple of hooded towels, and embroidered some baby bibs (all with materials from the stash!)  Of course, I MEANT to take pictures of them, but forgot and then brought them to work today and already gifted some of them! 

So far, I've also avoided going into a craft/fabric store, BUT I had forgotten that I have had some great finds at the Target $1 aisle!!!  I found myself browsing the section of the store, and looking at inexpensive ribbons, placemats, tote bags, etc and thinking of all the things I could make with them.  Some even found there way into my cart (but luckily, reality struck, and I quickly put them back!)

But, it reminded me that I have a small stash of 9 (yes 9!!!) insulated zippered lunch totes that I purchased from Target this past summer that I have been meaning to embroider.  I made one for Theresa, and she uses it all the time, but she doesn't need 9 of them LOL!  But, as usual, I just KNEW that I needed lots of them, so I have them in purple, pink, and turquoise! :)  I guess the kids' friends will be getting them for birthday gifts from now until I'm out!

No comments:

Post a Comment